Own logo design

You seem to be intent on using a word to underline the main focal point word when it's not needed. It dilutes your identity.

Not at all, actually.

If you're giving your business card out, they'll already know you're a designer - that's why you're giving them your card.

If someone searches for your site, they'll already know what they're looking for.

If your logo appears on a website you've designed, it will undoubtedly be prefixed with "designed by"

If your logo is on a CV, you'll be giving it to design agencies.

No understanding is necessary because there's already understanding in place through the context in which your logo is being used.

I don't mind the second line that much actually. I can understand your reason for having 'creative' there but I also agree that it isn't necessary as anyone looking for you will know what you're about anyway. It's the two different typefaces that's still not working for me. That aside, I think the blue and orange colour scheme works well but will creative be staying grey?

Haha I know, I agree! I was looking into colour psychology and came up with that harmonious combo.

I'm currently working on this colour scheme for my site.

colourscheme.jpg

Greg said:
Don't hold back Romack!
Any positive suggestions to improve it in your mind? :)

Haha,i know i type before i think, that way i'm always honest ;)

I like the logo on it's own, without the supporting line. It's strong, powerful and will work well in application. In my opinion oo, i think you should see how you feel about using a normal 'E'

The only reason the door is there is to support your 'slogan' - a brand shouldn't be designed round a slogan, the slogan should be there to support the brand.

Back