OurStuff Magazine is now online. Join in issue 2

Well done for getting it out. I won't go to town on some of the layouts that i think could be raised a few notches, as getting out there is merit enough. At last someone who puts his money where his mouth is. Respect.

no definitely bring up the layout issues.

its all about criticism.

its also a project for myself to get better with mag layouts.

Calvin_T said:
no definitely bring up the layout issues.

its all about criticism.

its also a project for myself to get better with mag layouts.

I'll hit those issues tommorow then. Editorial Design can be amazingly innovative, words and pictures. You just have to check out Face, Rolling Stone etc to see great graphic design with great typography. There's a Rockport book on Editorial Design that is a honeypot of layouts to stimulate. Remember just because it's online or downloadable doesn't mean it can't be innovative. This is a great opportunity to showcase design and typography technique and skill.

Good work Calvin! It is a little rough around the edges, but these things get better with time. I'd be happy to contribute some stuff to the next issue. Feel free to add me to your contributors - info at thomashodgson dot co dot uk.

Cool Thomas,
I'm giving it a week for people to show interest and then setting the new theme so everyone has the same amount of time to complete their piece.

Adding you and tim and another guy from here to the list and will let you guys know what the next theme is asap.

Look out for
INFO @ CALVIN-T dot CO dot UK

Thanks Aarlev.

if you PM me your email i'll add you to the list.

As for the layout. i really thought it would suffice for this exercise, but i surprisingly has 121 hits on my site and nearing 60 downloads.

I followed Berry's advice and checked out rolling stone mag.

Nothing mind blowing, but i totally see where i have failed.

I have neglected editorial design and this is my little project to get myself up to speed on it, while helping out others.

Back