Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinions on my logo design

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by photosynthesize, Aug 5, 2010.

1. photosynthesize

photosynthesize New Member

Apologies; I posted this in another section of the forum and I can't work out how to remove it from there.

I'm relaunching my graphic design identity and I'm going with 'vitrine'. That's a glass display case for those who don't know... slightly esoteric and appropriate as a portfolio/showcase device.

The logo I want to be classy and to not date quickly. I'm using Baskerville and I've created a discretionary ligature for the I and the T (it didn't come with the font); to represent flair, elegance, typographic passion. The right half felt empty after that.. I tried various options and am leaning slightly towards this one... the star is an artefact and the tail of the E is the vitrine. But that's possibly a) tenuous; b) crap and c) unnecessary.

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

Love the type. Lose the star.
  3. photosynthesize

photosynthesize New Member

that's what i'm thinking, but that isn't really critique.
  4. TheCuriousRobin

TheCuriousRobin New Member

I really like what you've done with i and the t, it does have that sense of elegance you're after. I think that's enough flair for a logo and the other half shouldn't look empty. I do feel the addition of the star ruins the overall look. Let us see what you finally go with :)
  5. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

lol sorry, that was a bit blunt. But I really like the rest - it's a nice bit of type. The star doesn't sit with it and it isn't necessary - the custom ligature is your mnemonic.
  6. Eagle

Eagle Member

The name's a bit of an oddity. Springs to mind 'vitrous latrine'. :icon_scared: Does it mean anything?