Online webtool ...

Hoxxy

I recently set up Instant Blueprint and so would like some feedback on all aspects (design and enduser satisfaction) of the site ...

The current design is actually my second attempt and I'm really happy how it turned out.

Under the hood is a mix of general xhtml/css (obviously hehe) PHP, JQuery and Mootools,
I know mixing JS libraries is not the best solution due to possible compatibility issues and do
at some point intend to cut one out but as its one of my own sites and the fact it works fine gives
me little reason to atm.

oh and theres also a little CSS3 so best viewed in FireFox or similar browser ;)

All feedback welcome ...

Hey Hoxxy,

I really like it. Simple, clean easy to use.

What's with the blank index pages when you download the framework?

Totally missed this topic :p

It all seems to be quite busy and packed, but I blame the darkness for that. I don't really see a need for the fixed footer because the copyright info really is the least of my worries when visiting the site. Also, with the limited content available, chances are you can only scroll down 50 pixels or not at all. The little banner saying Beta could be floated though, because that's much more useful information.

If you enter something in one of the boxes to add titles to the XHMTL/CSS classes, and you then click "need more" all the boxes values are reset.

sevenupcan said:
Hey Hoxxy,

I really like it. Simple, clean easy to use.

What's with the blank index pages when you download the framework?

Additional index.html files are for file protection, if there is no indx file inside say the images folder anyone can see the full list.

Onartis said:
Totally missed this topic :p

It all seems to be quite busy and packed, but I blame the darkness for that. I don't really see a need for the fixed footer because the copyright info really is the least of my worries when visiting the site. Also, with the limited content available, chances are you can only scroll down 50 pixels or not at all. The little banner saying Beta could be floated though, because that's much more useful information.

If you enter something in one of the boxes to add titles to the XHMTL/CSS classes, and you then click "need more" all the boxes values are reset.

Busy ..
It is I guess, I was trying for a 1 page design but will look into spreading things to different pages in time as the site grows.

fixed footer ..
Thats just something I seem to be doing in my designs at the moment.

Beta banner ..
Will be removed next time I update the site, It was originallyy in the top right crnr but decided to moved due to possible screen size issues.

Resetting ..
Thanks for bring that to my attention, it seems to be only in non ie browsers but neither the less will need fixing asap.

I like the idea & You've carried it out well.

I had a brief look earlier and tested it. I didn't like so much the extra blank index files in css / images / js - feel free to add your tag in but it would be better done at the top of the html and/or css.

I found it fine to use other than being a bit puzzled on the (x)html/css markup... can you add in css for those sections here or just add more divs/rename them?

Agree with Tim in retrospect it could be broken down a bit easier to use/less compact. - maybe a js accordion would help to expand sections?

on the whole though good work!

Resetting issue now fixed:
I switched the multiple inputs with a single textarea

I've also redesigned the site with a lighter design, the layout is basiclly the same text on left, form on right but the new design is wider so hopefully looks less cramped and as someone mentioned before a bit busy.

@Onartis - sorry the constantly changing avatars throw me!

@Hoxxy - I definately think that works better

I like the new lighter version, but I think something went wrong with the shadows [see attachment].

Attachments

• Picture 96.png
    Picture 96.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 10
I clicked the link and got "This account has been suspended"

You been up to naughties?

Onartis said:
I like the new lighter version, but I think something went wrong with the shadows [see attachment].
No error that's how its suppost to look ..
Jimlad said:
I clicked the link and got "This account has been suspended"

You been up to naughties?

Onartis said:
It worked yesterday, but I get the same message now...

lol ...just forgot to pay the bills that's all its back up now ;)

Back