Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. active-worker

active-worker New Member

Hi guys,

I like to inform you that one of my clients sends me a message

“We have two new sites we need to do on and off page SEO for. I would like you to work on both of them directly so I am giving you the FTP info to FTP them down, update the pages, then FTP them back up.”

But I am sorry to say that I don’t know how to access FTP and how to modify file there. For your kind information, I know html, css, Photoshop.

So, please anybody give me advice about this.

Thank you.

2. active-worker

active-worker New Member

Thank you for your reply which is really helpful.

Now I am look forward to know about how to modify/edit my existing files through FTP or use any software like notepad++/Dreamweaver to edit my existing files. Please tell me the details.

No more, I am waiting for your kind response.

3. Download the file you want to edit via FTP, open and edit it in Dreamweaver/Notepad, upload the amended file to the server via FTP.

4. Jonna Healey

Jonna Healey Member

* Important to make backups first! I always download the original file, then rename the old file to file-OLD.html or something. This way if you screw anything up you've got your backup on a live server too!

NCRPads.co.uk likes this.
  5. Janifar

Janifar Member

Establish a connection to the website’s remote server then download the files in the computer.

Jackfleming likes this.
  6. Hdsded

Hdsded Junior Member

Download the file from the FTP then edit it notepad++. If you don't have then download it from the internet.
    FTP is not a very difficult. You simply need to drag and drop the Google webmaster, Alexa and Bing webmaster file in to the public_html root folder.