• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

North East People - Design meetup

M

mrleesimpson

This one is for the North East based folk on here, because I know there is a fair few of you here.

Would you be interested in a NE Designers (web and graphic) get together once a month? Kind of like Refresh but a little less development heavy?

Start out with a meet up then possibly look at doing some workshops and talks. Just a thought at the moment.

M

mrleesimpson

@Aarlev. Haha. Sorry bro, this is going to be the Newcastle meet. Someone else should organise a London meet up.

@tim-alter. Feel free to join us.

tim

If I could organise a London meet, I would, but I don't know any further than just outside Euston station!

tim

That, and I'm 15 and would have no clue what to do.

BTW Lee, does the event cost anything for us, or just a meet-up to say 'Hi'

M

mrleesimpson

To be honest I wouldn't be supprised if there was already some designer meet ups in your city, they're going on all over then place.

...and no it wouldn't cost anything. Its just a meet up talk to talk shit about design.

tim

ahh that's awesome.

is it going to be a regular occasion or just a one off?

sorry for all the questions... just for my clarification :D

M

mrleesimpson

tim-ater said:
is it going to be a regular occasion or just a one off?
no worries.

Not sure. It depends on what the interest is. There is already a Refresh Newcastle, but that seems to be very tech heavy (lots of talk of Rails, JavaScript and PHP) but I'm thinking about something a bit more practical and more design related.

If there is plenty of people I can't see why it wouldn't be monthly.

M

mrleesimpson

rossnorthernunion said:
Why Newcastle?

There is more to the North East than just Newcastle.
Of course. S*it I even live in Sunderland, but I think they're be more chance of getting a decent size group of people together if it was in Newcastle.

Could do somewhere new each month.

M

mrleesimpson

Berry said:
Why don't we do a meet in the middle of the M1 Sheffield.
haha!

This wasn't intended to be a 'Design Forums National Meetup' just a local one for the North East people.

Like I said in the first post something to replace Refresh.

Greg

mrleesimpson said:
This wasn't intended to be a 'Design Forums National Meetup' just a local one for the North East people.
A local meetup for local designers, Southerners not allowed?! :cry:

rossnorthernunion said:
Maybe at the nearest little chef?
There's some blue sky thinking :D

MikeM

I'd be up for something like this; I was always tempted by Refresh but, as you mentioned, there seemed to be a bit of a programming-heavy focus in that group, and overall since Gareth Rushgrove left to take a job down south the group seems to have just fizzled out.