• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Newsletter design - help!

davewill

hey guys, im doing a freebie for a friend and they need a christmas newsletter producing for a local church. they want it double sided A4 on glossy paper (you know the type, not a fan myself, but anyway) and coz its for free and time is short I dont want to spend ages on it. I was wondering if anyone knew of any nice templates or layout grids I could base my design on?

Newsletters are not something I usually do, i work alot with the sports industry and mostly produce advertising, brochures and product packaging so this is abit different and im trying to avoid a boring, looks like it cudda been done in ms word, style layout. any ideas would be appreciated
________
Magic flight

Kevin

Pages, the Apple equivalent of MS Word, has some nice templates to choose from. I'm not saying you should make the newsletter in Pages but it can give you a good basic idea.

davewill

thanks onartis, im planning on using indesign to layout the newsletter, so dont worry, i never would use pages or word! but thanks for the inspiration, i just need a starting point really to get going, i appreciate your help tho, thanks!
________
Weed Tracker

davewill

thanks charles, thats a good example, its similar to what I had in mind. I cant decide if I should stick to what they want (A4 double sided gloss) or suggest folding to A4 to form an A5 4pg brochure on more of a luxurious stock. obviously the budget is very low but i still like to produce top quality stuff.

Harry - cheers for that link, its well and truely bookmarked, everytime I go on that site i think i should bookmark it, so now I finally have!
________
Colorado marijuana dispensaries

davewill

yeh i think it would work best, the idea is to advertise what is going on over christmas, along with a few present ideas, book reviews, music reviews, an interview, etc so its more like a mini magazine than a newsletter. any suggestions on a nice paper anyone? im not a fan of glossy print but i dont really know the names of any nice natural alternatives
________
Live Sex

charles

i would just print it on 170 gloss stock personally if on budget

what is the budget and what is the run? if u dont mind disclosing...

davewill

well the run is only gona be around 150 - 200 copies, and there is no budget (altho not in a good way) Ive done abit of work for them in the past and they are happy to pay for print up to a point, but obviously want it to be as cheap as possible.

Its been a real struggle over the years to convince them that its worth spending some money on print coz if they had their way I'd design 1 master file and they would photocopy it in B&W so I try and keep the cost to a minimum as best as possible, while at the same time producing something with abit of quality.
________
properties for sale Pattaya

charles

Hmm so I guess you'd be looking at the £50 - £100 mark on a digital run?

I'm not sure you'll find many printers who will do a low cost option on different stocks at that level.

Wonder what miss printed easy can do?