new website problem

AJLComputers

Hi everyone

I am re-developing my IT support website, it's not quite finished but I have a problem I am a little stuck with and I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

in case you need to look at the site it is www.ajlcomputers.com/v6

I have three "more info" images at the bottom of the page and when the images are clicked it uses jquery to slide out a div and display it below the main content, if you click it again it folds away again.

The problem is that I want to be able to scroll to the top of the newly opened div on clicking the image and then scroll back up on clicking it again. I thought this could be done by putting an anchor in the div below the div that folds out but jumping so that the anchor is at the bottom of the window rather than the top as it would move depending on if the div is vsible or not but I'm not sure if it is possible to do this and if it is how I would go about it.

Another question is, if the anchor is in the hidden div would it still jump to where the div should be or would it be ignored? If it's ignored then could I put the same anchor point in twice and then let it find the second one when the div is hidden?

Thanks, Alan.

P.S. Please feel free to let me know what you think of the site as well.

Hi Alan,

The site isnt looking too bad. In fact I think you have done a decent job. A few things.

1. I wouldn't have the DIV's dropping down below the map etc when you click the image. It has not logic and personally I think it loses the user. It does not need to be there I don't think, I think displaying content that way is a no, no especially for such content.

2. You have a min-width set on the site of 1024px. Have you considered space for the scroll bar etc? You might find users will get horizontal scroll bars when they are viewing on 1025x768

don't make things complicated, simple is better.

I like your old design! Maybe you could revise that one ;) - combine your new design ideas with the old one.

Back