New to Graphic Design

h@xmonkey

Hey guys

Im new to graphic design, and was hoping some one could point me in the right idea, maybe throw some ideas around?

Thanx

If you're new to graphic design, you've the chance to build a sustainable career by targeting one or two niche markets, rather than the scattergun approach adopted by 95% of designers, who go after all kinds of clients across all kinds of sectors. This is the root cause of free pitching.

You may want to glance at a white paper I've written on this subject:
http://www.selldesign.biz/sell-design.pdf

Happy to field any questions you may have.

Good luck

Sean Ashcroft

thanx guys

Thanx for the the advise , and i do agree that targating one or two markets would be the best. Im just not too sure what they would be to be honest, I was looking into creating web pages :icon_lol: , but other than that im at a loss, think that this is somthing i would want to look into as a career :) So what else would work well or could be intergrated with web design :)

If there are any business areas in which you already have an interest, or some knowledge, it would make sense to plan offering web design solutions to those types of businesses. Get to know whatever sectors you choose inside out.

To really succeed, you'll need to be 80% marketing & business expert, with deep knowledge in your niche markets, and 20% designer.

If there are any business areas in which you already have an interest, or some knowledge, it would make sense to plan offering web design solutions to those types of businesses. Get to know whatever sectors you choose inside out.

To really succeed, you'll need to be 80% marketing & business expert, with deep knowledge in your niche markets, and 20% designer.

Thanx, well i have spend most of my life in the music scene along with upcomming producers and dj's so i feel confedant in saying that i know that industry well , i just dont know how to make it work if that makes sense =/

ps: sorry about my spelling

Do you have any current experience with web or graphic design? I never enrolled on a 'design' related course and I'm a completely self taught freelancer - but now I'm 23 and if I had no experience in the field it might have put me off.

It's rough starting off, finding the balance between paid work / usually free design work. Whilst I was in that period I must of worked around 7 days a week for 2 years straight.

Back