Without getting into the argument of using flash for websites due to accessibility, the slow loading of content and what not, here's a few things that I wanna mention!
- Once I clicked the "Enter" ballon, the pop up with quotes from people appear and I then have to click enter again.. To me that's almost like having two splash pages! Also, on the second Enter button, it took 4 clicks before it actually did something!
- Where you have set the objects to move and then "bounce" once in position a couple of times it appears odd when you then move your mouse off these because they then "bounce" before falling back to their previous position. Although this may be the effect that your after, I assume its just because youve reversed the frames whereas if you actually made them bounce one way on the hover, and then fall back to position and THEN bounce when you move your mouse I recon it would look a bit more natural... Could just be me
- On the first page, I feel the very top central text needs some space above it
- Where's the button to mute the background music?!
- On the pegged menu items the text becomes blurred when hovered over
On the plus side, I think the visuals of it are pretty dandy and aesthetically pleasing and although the transitions from page to page take quite a bit of time they are impressive...
agreeing with everyone, Levi is right about the tennis ball thing, it needs to revolve and of course the van with the road will have to revolve too. Parts are very jittery for example the van going around. Where you have that and then the background which seems to run smoothly, it gives a very awkward feeling whilst looking at it.
I LOVE the look and style of the site, its brilliant, but...
It took ages to load up when I got to the page, then I had to click enter which only opened up another screen where I had to click enter which then opened up another screen that had to load again, taking a further 15-20 seconds.
So I had been on the site for well over a minute and still not seen any information.
Im no expert, but im pretty sure the web guys on here will tell you that the average surfer makes their mind up in the first 7 seconds of a website and unless u grab them straight away, most people will just give up.
It was also frustrating that when I selected something else from the top menu, the loading screen reappeared, by which point I did give up!
Love the style of the site but it looks to me like you have sacrificed usability in favour of stunning graphics and personally I feel thats wrong. Most people will never get to see your gorgeous visuals as they wont have the patience so the site isnt really doing what it should be. Sorry to be harsh, just giving my honest thoughts.
Our big problem with this job was time and we could of done with an actionscripter inhouse. But it was our 1st attempt at something like this and the client did make some decisions like the enter button. Overall I like the look and feel of it, but yeah some of the flash animation could be improved.