New Portfolio ideas

mick_mccabe

Alright folks, was lookin for some feed back. With workin in a printers I don't get to be very creative. Which isn't good for the auld portfolio, but I hav got some creative pieces on my behancr page.

Michael McCabe on the Behance Network

which I plan to use 3-4 pieces. But do I leave them as they are? Or develop them i.e into adverts for products. If use get a chance let me know ur thoughts.
Cheers
Mick

Overdone? In what way? My question was more focused towards makin sum sort of marketing ads etc out of the work. I personally don't think it's over done. I didn't makes these off any tutorials. I created it by messin about in Photoshop. N u are the only person who has said sumthing negative about it. N cheers for ur pointless post which does not relate to the question I asked.

First off, when you ask people for opinions, you can't expect everyone to pat you on the back and say good job.

Overdone meaning don't do anything with them. Creative means also being original. Nothing is going to make you a stand-out to want to hire (especially since there are a ton of tutorials to duplicate the style for the average Joe: Create amazing water-drenched photomontages - Classic Photoshop Tutorial - Digital Arts, How to Create an Imaginative, Magical Painted Scene | Psdtuts+, Create a Stunning 3D Liquid Explosion Artwork | Design.CreativeFan).

You don't show any design work, just illustrative style.

1st off, let me apologies for being a dick towards you, it was written by a very tired and frustrated guy. i only want to use a couple of these images in my portfolio, the rest wld be brochure samples, flyers etc. i was just wanted to know do i create some sort of poster or leave as is, and i felt at the time your input and no real input. so im guessing ur not a fan of this style?

Personally I like this style of imagery, but what I think Aibrean is trying to get across is that it has its limitations for application. This style of manipulation has been done before but then has so many other things, in fact, arguably everything has been done at least twice ;)

I would like to see this applied in a commercial context if I was a potential client. I can see this aesthetic focused towards more 'urban' or sporting or cd artwork kind of direction. The problem with this comment is that you've already developed a solution, now you're just trying to find a relevant 'problem'. (working backwards). With that said, it would be nice to see it 'in use'.

Post up some of your other work as it would be interesting to see. I wish I new some of the things you do in Photoshop! Maybe you should do some tutorials...

Cheers chris. I'm tryin to develop a couple into some sort of poster, perhaps towards dance and fashion perhaps. But with alot of thinks one day u like the next you don't. Caught in two minds.lol I've been asked to do tutorials for folk before. But truth be told I wldnt know where to begin. I just arse around with paintbrushes I've downloaded n ones I've made myself with spraypaint. And udon different layer styles to bring out certain parts of an image.

I think instead of retrofitting your existing artwork into purposes they weren't originally made for, you should consider doing some new work using your art style that's more suited to your portfolio requirements.

Jimlad said:
I think instead of retrofitting your existing artwork into purposes they weren't originally made for, you should consider doing some new work using your art style that's more suited to your portfolio requirements.

This.

Though, if you are going to use them then finding ways that they could be applied commercially may prove more useful than as they currently are.

Back