Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Business Deals

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by Marie1980, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Marie1980

Marie1980 Junior Member

Hi,

I've always wondered how you find new business in such a hugely competitive industry. How do designers hear about pitch opportunities? and when an account is up for tender. How do you go about having a chance at pitching? Is it simply word of mouth?

Look forward to hearing your comments...

Marie :)

2. Eagle

Eagle Member

Networking. :)

3. LloydHumphreys

LloydHumphreys Junior Member

Totally, Networking is the way to go. Get a LinkedIn account, get as many people as you can to put up some reviews... Maybe try and get in with a startup - they're always looking for work on the cheap and if you can afford to offer it to them, word spreads fast (I work with a couple of startups, I get loads of work through referrals from them). Twitter is also surprisingly good, especially if you know someone respected as a web dev/designer to re-tweet your portfolio (until you become someone respected!)

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

you might want to do a search on the topic of networking as most of us here don't use them and have found them to be a waste of time.

5. berry

berry Active Member

DON"T PITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's the road to ruin. Create a brand and they will come to you.
    You devalue yourself and end up doing continueous speculative work that has a 1 in 8 chance of success. Go to Ladbrokes you'll have better chances.

6. LloydHumphreys

LloydHumphreys Junior Member

Really? I wouldn't say they were a waste of time..