Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to make a DVD. Best package?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Identity, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Identity

Identity Member

Hi guys,

I hope you can help with some advice. I've been asked by a client to produce a promo DVD. They have a load of photography that they want to use (no video). Any suggestions on which programs I could use? I was thinking iMovie/iDVD but is there anything else out there?

Cheers
    Jase

2. JMCDesigner

JMCDesigner Member

Imovie is probably your best bet if you're not too experienced. I think nero has video editing software in its bundle. But I guess from your first choice you are on a mac?

3. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

If you want to include alot of interactivity, Adobe re-released Director last year. Either that or Flash would offer you a much greater level of 'in application' creativity than iDVD or Final Cut. Having said that, a live brief probably isn't the best time to be sinking your teeth into something as complex as Director or Flash.

4. PointandStare

PointandStare New Member

I'd say it totally depended on the time/ budget.
    iDVD is fine but if I was paying a good few thousand and expecting to shift a large amount of copies then I'd expect something a bit more substantial that iDVD's limited functions to be used to create it.