Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some urgent help

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Dan_masoomi, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Dan_masoomi

Dan_masoomi Member

hello sorry to throw this upon you but i could really use the forums help

i recently left a job due to contract issues but left on good terms.

i have offered to do freelance work when they need me ie new promo campaigns or flyer designs

i rebranded the company and now they have contacted me again to change a few detals on some work i have already created like phone numbers and website addresses.

i told them i would meet up with them in the next hour to discuss what needs changing but i have no clue how much to charge as a freelance rate, i want to be reasonable but also i don't want to put myself out of pocket

they know i have recently graduated. as they where my first real job since i left uni

i know this may be a real grey area as people charge differently i dont know weather to charge a daily rate or hourly rate

thanks in advance

D.

2. Russell

Russell Member

If it's small amends on work you've already done I presume you'd have a good idea on how long it will take, so I'd give them an hourly rate. A day rate sounds excessive for the amount of work needed.

As to what that hourly rate is for experienced freelancers £20-£35 is fairly standard depending on experience so as they know your not massively experienced prob best to go in lower than that.

3. Dan_masoomi

Dan_masoomi Member

really appreciate your help, i think 15 - 20 an hour seems fair

thats a great great help for me, i just wish they taught stuff like this at uni,, it really is stupid how they don't implement this in the course.

4. byronc

byronc Member

20-25 seems quite low for experience. Is that really true?

5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

£25 - £30ph or agree on a set amount extra.