Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some colour info/advice for a print ad :)

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by iDesign, Feb 20, 2014.

1. iDesign

iDesign Member

Hello all.

I've a client who I recently provided artwork to. It's a small 1/2 page ad for a newspaper. The client is saying that when they print out the PDF (i'm assuming on a home printer) they get a fuzzy result. When they also download the hi-res jpg they only get the picture, not the text.

The PDF is Press Quality, 300dpi. It comprises of 1 image (grayscale) and the rest is text. Is there a simple explanation for this? What PDF preset should be used for a grayscale newspaper advert?

Hope this makes sense :)

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

outdated acrobat, not using acrobat, printer settings, some random setting in acrobat.

Loads of possibilities really
  3. What is the image resolution?
  4. iDesign

iDesign Member

The image is hi-res. I've printed at my end and it's fine. I guess it could be an issue at their end. The client may well have an old Acrobat as Levi mentioned. I will check with them again. Thanks for the input Sean and Levi :)
  5. Yeah, I thought so but I needed to rule it out. If it's working fine for you and not for them, try getting them to update their software - find out what they're running and what versions.
  6. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Try saving in a different format (png, tiff etc) try both indesign and photoshop, but it is their end if these don't help. Have try tried printing other stuff?
  7. iDesign

iDesign Member

Update: Thanks everyone - I got it sorted. It was their end of course :p
  8. Hahaha, did you find out what actually happened?