Need help/ideas with a logo

testbruger

Hi guys,

I have this new client who is starting up a firm which is dealing with rental properties/housing rental. His name is Chris Elia.

He asked me to come up with some ideas for a name and ofcourse the logo.

I want to incorporate elements in his logo, so you know that he's dealing with the business of housing rental.

So do you guys have some ideas? I already have some, but I'd love to hear yours before revealing them.

Just signed up for designforums btw. It looks really awesome!

Take care
Mads

Hi Mads,

Welcome to Design Forums, first question would be do you have a design brief from the client? I'm guessing not as he wants your ideas for a Company Name as well?!

In terms of the name I would keep it simple, perhaps just the surname, so Elia Properties or something, sounds quite up-market/trendy? (If it was me I would insist the client has the company name already, or has chosen one from your ideas before going onto the design stage)

As for the logo ideas if you haven't already got a brief I would e-mail some questions across to your client to try and get some more information, things like his target market, how he wants the business to be perceived, any particular styles the target market will like, how this all fits with the type of properties he will be marketing, etc...

Good luck!
Greg

Hi Mads,

Welcome to DF.

Good to see a fellow Dane here :). Yeah as Greg said, try to get some more info out of the client. That'll make it easier for you to get some more ideas.

testbruger said:
So do you guys have some ideas? I already have some, but I'd love to hear yours before revealing them.

Anyone else here think this is a bit sus (sorry if its not). Why would you not post your ideas if you have some as often ideas lead to alternative and sometimes better ones :confused:
It seems like the op is after free work to me. But hey maybe I'm just being a bit suspicious due to the increase of asking for 'free' work on other forums I frequent?

Welcome to the forums anyways.

Levi said:
Anyone else here think this is a bit sus (sorry if its not). Why would you not post your ideas if you have some as often ideas lead to alternative and sometimes better ones :confused:
It seems like the op is after free work to me. But hey maybe I'm just being a bit suspicious due to the increase of asking for 'free' work on other forums I frequent?

Welcome to the forums anyways.

I can see where Levi is coming from;) especially after all the 'freebies' and brain squeezing we see on forums. Don't forget Typo got burned with the illustration he sent off to a poster in Scotland the other week.

I think it's a definite case of' show us yours' and 'we'll show you ours' first.
Give and thou shalt receive. Ask and you'll get nowt!

we have been getting a few too many spammers of late :(

What a nice welcoming guys and thank you for a really fast response! I totally lost the address of the website, because I somehow managed not to bookmark it. Silly me.

Anyways, I'm definitely NOT after free work. I just felt like I was a bit stuck and needed some feedback/inputs for this particular project. The day after this post I came up with some solutions. One of them was making a little door out of the letters 'CE', but it's still wip.

Well, now I've obviously bookmarket the site and looking forward to some great future times in here.

Take care guys and thanks again for your fast answers and kindness :)

Stay well away from any cliches, locks, doors, houses, they'll send you down the wrong path and waste your time.

Back