Need Advice on Using LinkedIn

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeAsa

I recently signed up on LinkedIn and I know there are huge opportunities there. However I need tips and advice on how best to utilize LinkedIn to get Graphic Design contracts and Gigs. And I was also wondering if I could randomly connect with people and share a link to my website with them? Thanks in advance

Fill your profile, get in touch with different people, *some kind of magic*, PROFIT. I see it this way. I tried LinkedIn, but it looked very strange for me that is why I quit.

For me my target market are designers so that's who I linked with, that way now when I put out a post it is viewed by people who may need my services (free advertising). We don't get much work from there though to be honest.

I was also wondering if I could randomly connect with people and share a link to my website with them?

Please don't do that, it's annoying and a great way to get your account banned for spamming. I had a someone connect with me recently. Almost immediately he started sending me copy/paste messages designed to look like genuine messages with the intention of trying to sell me on his drag and drop platform for churning out websites. Just one look at my profile would have told him straight away that I'm not his target market.

Personally I only connect with people I've met/have worked with, people I want to work with, or people that post content I'm interested in seeing. Social media marketing is a slow process, you won't have success overnight. Focus on growing your network naturally, providing answers to queries people have and positioning yourself as an expert in what you do.

However I need tips and advice on how best to utilize LinkedIn to get Graphic Design contracts and Gigs.
How about you start connecting with people, follow their blogs, engage and communicate, build a network and keep up to date with what they do and what they need. Then maybe after a year you can begin to offer your services. Just like the thousands of others all doing the same thing.

Do you have a website with a stunning portfolio? Are you in the UK? Do you have a special skill that all the zillions of other graphic designers don't have?

Hi JakeAsa,

I Agree with Paul Murray. You should not be doing this. Do not send the link randomly.

Rather try to post informative articles to build the relation and trust. It is a slow process but will give the result for sure.

Remember one thing, If you educate your Target Market, They will come back.

Thanks

Find work using "need graphic designer" on linkedin search box. definitely you will get project from linkedin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back