• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

my new site - feedback and suggestions please

TomStutt

Hi all

Ive nearly finished the site and it looks exactly how I sketched it out but now I have nearly completed it, it just seems like something is missing. Any suggestions on how I can improve it abit more?

Cheers all. All good and bad feedback would be appreciated.

Levi

Staff member
Honestly, I think I preferred the idea/design you were using on the old site (except the background stripes).

Your logo still has the horizontal bar on the t issue (its too low) and I think its more prominent with your new choice of colours.

As to whats lacking, I don't know how to put it, it seems like its a bit empty, maybe add in a 'services' page or something. I'd also look at rounding the corners and or maybe a drop shadow on the 'white box' area.

TomStutt

Thanks Levi. With it being empty thats what I was kind of thinking but Im unsure what to add. Il see what I can come up with for a services page.

mrp2049

Is there any reason why the frame seems to move from left to right depending on which part of the nav you are on?

I think some sort of divider between the menu and content could help.

TomStutt

it doesnt move in IE and in firefox it only moves when you click on portfolio page because it puts the scroll bar down the right size.

Renniks

Force there to always be a sidebar :)
always a nifty trick to stop movement.

Cant be bothered to look for the code right now, but make sure its the IE safe one (doesnt cause double sidebars)

TomStutt

i have changed the background to a stripe background. do you think it looks better as stripe or gradient. also i broke up the logo and the navigation from the main content

nice and simple, I like it (plus anything with a purple or pink accent colour always makes me smile :p)

Not so sure about the stripes though, they are a little hard to look at (or that's just my messed up eyesight), the gradient looked a bit better.

TomStutt said:
i have changed the background to a stripe background. do you think it looks better as stripe or gradient. also i broke up the logo and the navigation from the main content
why would you do that? :confused: The problem with your website is not the BG. You need a new layout and structure your contents in a better way.

A contact form would be ideal on your "contact" page