Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first official experience

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Redalex, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Redalex

Redalex New Member

This is a beauty salon (and russian bath) logo and one of backgrounds. And it will be some info in the middle. This is only a hobby and I need to know...am I going the right way? Thank you.
    p.s. and i'm sorry for my english..i know it is far from perfect:icon_rolleyes:

test for forum.jpg

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Hi, It doesn't look bad BUT.... the character in the bottom left lets it down. It appears that the 2 illustrations were drawn by 2 different people with the one on the left being a less than successful attempt to copy the style of the other.

3. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

I agree that the illustration on the right is far better but the overall the things that strikes me is it just doesn't seem to fit together well as a whole, it's like 3 different parts that don't quite gel. I think perhaps I would work on developing the central (gold) logo a bit - the illustrations, even the better one, are just too much of a different style for me.

4. Redalex

Redalex New Member

deluxe low res.jpg
    A new version...and I want to use white background.

5. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Not keen on the capitalised / choice of font for the 'sign'. All just seems temporary / rushed. Not a fan of either I'm afraid.

Curious - why blue & black?

6. gemznunn

gemznunn New Member

Your second version looks much better, but I would get rid of the blue accents and the "beauty salon" sign that you've clipped on the end. It doesn't look right.

Have a look at the tracking and kerning as the spacing between the letters doesn't look right. Try to simplify the logo a little. There's often the temptation to add more, but simplicity really is best. Perhaps you could keep the "D" elaborate and curly, and have the rest of the word in a nice, matching font without the extras.