My Buisness Website

wayneambler

Hi,

I've had my site online for a few months (Darkstone Designs) and I'm getting visitors but I would like your opinions so that I can update/edit it to make it better and more effective. Thank you in advance.

I like it! It's quite formal looking and I really love the shadow effects. There's also good use of clear space.

The only thing I'd perhaps say would be to lighted up the grey at the top, it's pretty dark and heavy at the moment. This would have the benefit of providing more contrast to the current black text. The same could perhaps be done to the yellow at the bottom too, perhaps lightening it a bit?

It seems very fast to load, you've done a good job at the optimisation. Presumably you're not using a bloated CMS system for this!

It's a nice enough site and, as mentioned in the above post, it certainly seems to load fast enough!

It would appear the portfolio is only just beginning to be developed and I think there's maybe a little too much space between the white navigation bar and the beginning of the text.

Also agree that I'm not completely convinced by the textured, darker grey area either but, all in all, it's not bad.

its nice, clean easy 2 navigate, only thing id say tho is "freelance web design in leeds and wakefield" the text looks a bit noisy and not sharp to me.

Im afraid it does nothing for me fella. The grey/purple/lavender combination looks washed out, not strong enough - almost like tissue paper is overlaying it. Also for me the text is way to small, have you seen it on a tablet/iphone? I know its all subjective but it needs 'oomph' (technical term that lol). Id also question the legality of using those icons on the home page. Best hope they dont get spotted.....

Back