Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 1st real design

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Shortleyy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Shortleyy

Shortleyy Junior Member

can you please rate and constructive critisism only Thank you.

[​IMG]

2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Isn't all criticism on the piece constructive, you just have to find the use of the criticism?

Anyway :)

What is it? Why's the silhouette so pixelated (I can probably guess)

3. Shortleyy

Shortleyy Junior Member

i had to resize it and it went pixelated.

4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

constructive criticism? Before you scale something up, don't.

Is this piece for commercial use? Uni? Portfolio?

Because if it is the later, there are loads of stock sites that will have something similar to the elements you need that are free to download and will be high enough res that you can use them in A2 300dpi files, I know, I've used them!

You have something alright going on, but the pixelated detail is a total no go. It will make your work look 2nd rate.

How much of this did you make yourself?

5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

try and have a look at creating something vector buddy, have square looking people loosk bad, the design aint tooo bad but a little more information on what its for would be good.

6. Shortleyy

Shortleyy Junior Member

I made it all myself apart from the stock breakdancer

7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

right then, background is pretty good, however it might be worth trying some more contrasting colours.

outer glow on the text also has to go, there are ways to make text stand out that are far more effective.

a few links to help you along

stock.xchng - the leading free stock photography site

and

kuler

8. designium

designium Member

Just make that line color more lightning :D its pretty amazing already. it depends for what purpose is this poster... if is "person garbage", dont get me wrong :D i just talk that way, you can make many changes you want because the only purpose is making this poster visual and pretty cool. if there is some porpuse you need to tell us and focus on that. Imagine that this poster is for tell him old people like my grand mother that they need to make exercise ?!!!? that poster would be fun and ridiculous :D

9. tim

tim Senior Member

too much glow... it feels quite loose until you come across the silhouette aswell, it doesnt seem well constructed in that sense.

good for the first real design tho.

10. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

Whats it for?

11. charles

charles Senior Member

looks like a windows logon screen with a dancer overlayed... without a brief letting us know the purpose can't say whether it's been a successful design or not...

12. Shortleyy

Shortleyy Junior Member

It's because it's not for ant specific purpose it's something that just came into my head so I thought I'd give it ago as I had never done anything like this before.