Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music festival Poster

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Cope, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Cope

Cope New Member

hello, i recently wanted to explore typography in my work and decided to create a poster for a music festival, focusing mainly on typography.

the poster can be found here : Strum A Drum Music Festival : James Cope's Portfolio

Constructive comments and opinions welcome :)

2. photosynthesize

photosynthesize New Member

I like the letterpress feel and I think the typography is comfortably legible all the way through, except maybe with the date - the '14th' is so much smaller it could get overlooked.. or perhaps it's saying the main event is on the 15th?

What's the monkey connection?

I'd also like to see the design filling the whole page, rather than being apologetically small in the middle.

3. Cope

Cope New Member

thanks for the advice. when i started the poster for some reason i really wanted it to include a moneky playing a drum! sounds random but i think its a nice quirky little touch. as for the date i think your correct and that would need changing.