Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving into printing?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by Dazzer21, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Dazzer21

Dazzer21 Member

I've been bequeathed an A1 size printer. It was in a pretty poor state when I got it - although it worked, it wasn't long until the belt snapped and other things went wrong with it. I agonised over it and thought that I had one of 2 options - get it fixed and sell it, or get it fixed and make money out of it. The third option was to forget about it and bin it. So I took a chance - got it fixed for 550 of your finest British Pounds (it's worth approx £800 now so if I were to sell it I'm £250 up on the deal!) so now it needs to pay for itself.

Before it broke, I had a client, also bequeathed to me, who was a motivational speaker and used flipcharts in his presentations. He moved on when the printer went ping.

Basically, I'm an artworker and designer, and to add the extra facility of a large format digital printer seems like the dream deal - but I'm having trouble making it work.

Where would I look for new clients? Basically I have no more money to throw at this, after the repair costs. I have some paper, I have some ink (not a lot of each) but I've tried colleges, schools, training establishments and the like, but they all seem sorted. Anyone else have any ideas - starting to worry about this now!!! Looks like option 1 might be rearing its ugly head...

2. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Failing all else, Ebay is your friend.