Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movie high quality!

Discussion in 'Animation, Motion Design & Film Making' started by philjohns, Dec 29, 2009.

1. philjohns

philjohns Senior Member

Hi guys, been a while - again! Ive been so busy lately but right now dont have the time to talk!

My final art piece is due in within a week and ive got a load of high quality video that I need to put together in iMovieHD 6.0.4

My videos are 1500x1000px in dimension and whenever i import them and save them as quicktime from iMovie they get smaller in dimension and distorted! NOT GOOD!

Anyone know how I can get around this!?

Thanks guys,

would appreciate quick replys!

Phil

P.s. Hope you all had a good christmas!

2. matt

matt Member

Not sure about iMovie as I've never used it, but it sounds like a setting in your sequence setting (as it's known in Final Cut). Try having a look at project or sequence or composition settings — there should be something which asks you what frame size you'd like to work in, which is probably defaulting to something other than 1000 x 1500 (which is a very odd frame size by the way).

Having said all that, iMovie might not give you the option of a custom made frame size. What exactly are you trying to achieve? What's the delivery/output requirements? Maybe you should consider resizing your frame to a standard HD setting, 720p (or i) for example, which is 720 pixels high by 1280 wide.

3. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I think when you export the movie it gives you an option in the video output options where you can set a custom size. Not got the HD software here so can't check, but it definitely does on iMovie 3. :up:

4. si_p

si_p Junior Member

Toms right - make sure you check the export settings are set to 1500x1000.
    Editing packages will always try to default to a standard SD or HD size unless you force them not to.

5. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

si_p, you do realise you're over two years too late to help with the original issue, right?
    [​IMG]

6. si_p

si_p Junior Member

HAHAHAHA :blink:
    Didn't even clock the date!! Oh well...

7. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Hahahaha. That's how badly the forum needs a kick of life. Was that on the first page in here?