Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monsters

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Deadletter, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Deadletter

Deadletter Member

Monsters-01.jpg

Okay so I am going to add more color to my portfolio. So I drew this collection of cartoon monsters and vectorised it. I am going to fill the page up with these creatures as a mock movie poster for a horror film called "Sweet Meats". Tell me what you think of the creatures.

.....Edit: I am confused this forums jpeg uploaded has fecked up the colors....

2. is it possible that the colours were CMYK?

3. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I e had problems with the uploaded sending colours funny in the past. Can't remember what I did to fix it.

4. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Aside from the colours, I think you need to put a bit more detail into the monsters, and a bit more thought into composition.

Imagine you've been given a brief to do the poster. Normally, it would have to depict a scene from the film, maybe human figure or two.
    Start with just paper and pencil, and think about where the title is going to go, etc., and do a few sketches before you go into Ai.

5. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I've also had this and if I recall it was because the colours where CMYK. Switch them to RGB and you should be fine.

I like it so far, but I'd like to seem them in the context of a poster before I comment further :)

6. Esh

Esh Member

Just wondering how you're getting on with the poster Deadletter?

7. Deadletter

Deadletter Member

It has been an active week, been doing prep for an interview and now have to get on with the book project for dark harvest.

I have been doing some stuff including a hand drawn font for the title.

Kayley Hill

(the third picture)

I have decided to make it a full font (starting with the fat letters first), and then I am going to work more on the monsters.

8. smileruk93

smileruk93 New Member

Hi just had a look at your monster images, i love the first image, love the simplicity of it. I think that image alone with some nice type would look really cool, Id be even tempted to just use a nice font, rather than creating something, just my opinion though!!