• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Monitors

C

chrismitchell

Hey Timmo.. why not get a nice 32inch HD flatscreen TV :lol: they work with most PC's etc :D

C

chrismitchell

LOL but thats even better :D then all you need is a wireless keyboard and mouse (or trackball) and you're all set :D :lol:

Renniks

I'm personally after a 19-22 inch monitor that will allow for a macbook + a laptop to be plugged in (at the same time) and then just switch between inputs to have dual screen for either...

Hrmmm would be nice :)

Then all I'll need is the macbook haha

TomStutt

samsung syncmasters are usually quite nice monitors. not sure of price though. look on ebuyer.com really good prices there.

@renniks - sounds good but you may need a kvm switcher for that. dont think there too pricey though

or maybe a vga/dvi switcher. one of the 2 anyway

Levi

Staff member
the more expensive samsung models, dell 2408W, lacie are all good DESIGN monitors as they use better panels but they're not cheap.

I would say look at the dell 24" display S2409W as an option,its on offer at £180 (overclockers.co.uk) plus it has analogue, dvi and hdmi connections.
Samsung are a good alternative too in my opinion and I currently use 2 of them myself.

If you're prepared to pay an extra 30 quid (I would) you can get an led based Dell G2410 24" from overclockers.co.uk (Its £290 on dell site)

glenwheeler

I have a 32" Samsung hooked up to the PC. I only ever used it when am showing people photo's and work etc though. Nice feature to have tho i guess.

br3n

Im on an OLD iiyama CRT and definately needs an upgrade, would like dual flat 24's or similar.. Ill keep an eye on this and see what comes up.

Levi

Staff member
ok I've partially changed my mind, I've been looking into it again and the samsung f2380 is probably the best option for a designer on a budget. It is a little over budget and its only 23" (16:9 ratio) but it does have 100% srgb colour range and a cpva panel (good angles etc). In my opinion this is a brilliant buy for £243 (@ overclockers.co.uk) as apart from lacie (and apple) I can't think of any others that currently do 100% srgb especially under £300.

Note - I'm not looking at a display for games, I'm looking at it as a design tool.

edit: looks like its cheaper at amazon (£226) but out of stock :(

I have a LG 22inch Flatron W2234s for sale. Very good condition with original box. Bought about Feb 09. Retail about £99 -£110 will take £79. Newcastle area or can post....it's like eBay here aint it.

Can send pics (not the missus) of monitor if required.