Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modifying images

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by marikatech, Feb 4, 2010.

1. marikatech

marikatech New Member

Hi all.

Ive a simple request, (I think)!

I want to produce an image that's using a chinese character, a bit like a tattoo. Now when I insert the chinese character, it looks flat and too much like a font.

Is there any way, seeing as I havent created the character myself, to get 'into' it and do stuff?

For example, the character is flat and has smooth lines, for an example see:

.... tho real calligraphy is done by brush and has the subtle brush strokes, specially toward the 'ends' of the strokes/image.

So how can I enhance the premade image and make it look more natural, like brush stroke?

Or if I cant get 'into' the image, is it poss to somehow trace it and make a copy that can be modified?

And yes I have tried selecting a brush tool/blank canvass, and creating the image myself but its too wobbly if you know what I mean?

Ive got paintshop and fireworks and can borrow photoshop!!

Im no hardcore designer so simple explanations will be best for me!!

Thanks everyone
  2. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Print that image off, and then trace it, and scan it back in.
  3. Soprano

Soprano Member

I would trace over it in illustrator adding the "brush strokes" at the ends
  4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

wise words.
  5. someone has their V and B keys on their keyboard the wrong way round!