• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Misaligned text on homepage of website


#1
I recently assigned multiple URLs to my primary website, but I've noticed a resizing problem. The artwork on the index page of the primary URL appears fractionally larger than when it appears via the assigned URLs. This causes a problem with the display of text images specifically a row of black on white chevrons which appear too far down the respective vignettes on the left hand side of the page. The problem is only viewable when I read the website via the primary url which is buttercupillustration.com but is not noticeable when I view the exact same page via one of the assigned urls which includes storybookillustration.com and a few others. I've tried emptying the cache but with no luck. I've looked at the original programme in which I created the webpage but I can't seem to correct the problem. Has anyone come across this problem before? Can anyone assist?
 
Last edited:
#5
Thanks for letting me know. I've since contacted the web host who also says that both pages appear identical That means the problem must exist on only my computer.
Hello,

I would recommend that you clear your browsers cache/cookies or try accessing the webpages in another browser. If that doesn't solve the problem, it would be worth putting your page through cloud flare and putting the site into development mode.


Thanks,
Rohan
 
#7
By changing the browser from Chrome to Firefox or Safari, I was able to resolve the problem. I then deleted Chrome and reinstalled and also replaced the text chevrons with pixel ones. Now the problem has completely cleared up and the webpage is identical on both the primary and assigned urls. Thanks very much for the advice.