Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macbook Pro for design: 15" or 17"?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by simonsays, Nov 17, 2010.

1. simonsays

simonsays New Member

Hi all, I'm guessing that some of you out there will use either of the Macbook Pro 15" or 17" versions, so I could use your input please! I'm going to start working for a couple of clients away from my home office so need a Macbook to work on when I'm out and about, and while I always thought that a 17" would definitely be the one to go for (ie for the sheer physical size), other people have said that a 15" is ample size, and there's also the issue of the 17" being bigger to carry around - anyone any experience/recommendations ? many thanks

2. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

A larger screen's always better for design work.

3. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

I use the 15. The 17's just too big and heavy for a portable. But I do use a separate large monitor when I'm at home, so then you get the best of both worlds.

4. simonsays

simonsays New Member

thanks all for your replies, I already use an iMac at home so don't have any need to view the 15" through a monitor there, it's purely for using on the go and, most likely, as a standalone machine in another office where the client would like me to be 'on site' (as PR cover answering the phone!)

5. djb

djb Member

I use the 15" too. A client has the 17" and when they’re side by side they aren’t all that different really. Just ones heavier and more expensive ;)