Mac Mail Issue

Russell

Hi all, I'm having an issue with attachments in Mail on my mac and wondered if anyone could shed some light.

Had a few clients having problems when I attach jpgs to an email. It seems to be converting the attachments to bitmap and embedding it in the email rather then attaching it so they can't save it.

Not sure what is going on, is this anything you've come across before?

We've had problems with mail with attachments not showing as attachments at the recipients end but not embedding them, can they select the embedded image?

I think they can select and save it but as it's converted to a bitmap it looses all quality and the file size shrunk loads from the original.

Yep that's an option, just been sending them via dropbox for the mo but would love to know what's going on with it, never get any problems with other file types (PDF, EPS etc).

RussellHall said:
I think they can select and save it but as it's converted to a bitmap it looses all quality and the file size shrunk loads from the original.

Is there a size attachment preference? I know in entourage or outlook you can limit the largest image/attachment size and it compresses it all for you before you send it. :confused:

Can you not upload them to a dir/ on your own site/host and then just e-mail the URL link?
Then they can view in browser (handy if web design) and save the file from there.

I'll be honest, thats why i stopped using MacMail and went to Firebird (and Entourage at work), MacMail was too awkward with the attachments. :(

Is there a size attachment preference? I know in entourage or outlook you can limit the largest image/attachment size and it compresses it all for you before you send it.
Not at my end, don't know if they may have a limit on theirs.

Can you not upload them to a dir/ on your own site/host and then just e-mail the URL link?
Then they can view in browser (handy if web design) and save the file from there.
It's large scale screen Ads so although jpgs still 4-5mb, using the Public folders in dropbox to share is fine but just wondered if it was a known issue.

RussellHall said:
Yep that's an option, just been sending them via dropbox for the mo but would love to know what's going on with it, never get any problems with other file types (PDF, EPS etc).
As far as I know, that's the option. It's been like that since I can remember :rolleyes:

I use MacMail and can't see any of my sent items. When I click on one it says it hasn't been downloaded from the server. I haven't changed any settings or anything, it just started happening overnight. Any ideas?

Jim

Back