Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering a file size in flash

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by studioeighty, Apr 26, 2010.

1. studioeighty

studioeighty Member

Hi guys,

I need some quick help from someone who knows flash. It may not be possible but hopefully it is?!

I have a 2mb flash file which I'm using on my site however I want to see if it's possible to lower the file size without losing too much of the quality.
    Can anyone help with this?

Download the flash file from here:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/OHo1eFVYTkFQb0t4dnc9PQ

Cheers in advance,

Steve

2. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

If your talking about the coloured ink video on your site a swf files not the way forward it will always be large playing video.

You need to make it into an flv video then you can stream it from the server to avoid it having to fully load first. Once you've done that change the video component in flash to autoplay/loop and 'break' the link to your player 'clearOverAll' (so video controls don't show) or similar in the video components parameters.

Then you'll get the same effect but it will stream (and the flv will probably be a smaller file size too)

3. studioeighty

studioeighty Member

Thanks Andy, yes the coloured ink is the one.

How easy is it to convert the file to an FLV and set the component right? Sorry I don't have flash so any advice would be useful.

Thanks again

4. to convert it to an FLV file you should use Adobe Media Encoder and there you will be able to select the correct FLV, though you will need to export your FLA as a MOV which is done in the export movie option.

Hopefully that works ok :) worked for me :)