Looking for a way to place multiple instances of the same graphic (Like a PS Brush)

Anagoge

I'm looking for either a plugin or an application that would allow me to do something similar to what a Photoshop brush does, but with a full colour graphic. I want to set the 'brush' so that it's actually painting multiple instances of the same graphic.

I believe PaintShopPro had something similar to this, but I can't quite remember the name of the feature. Something like PhotoTube or ImageTube. Ideally, I'm looking for something to use within Photoshop. Illustrator would be useful too, but the graphic I need to replicate isn't vectored.

I know this is a bit vague, but I can't think of a better way to explain it so I do hope you understand what I mean.

Cheers. :)

I think I understand what your asking for but can't think of a way around it, unless you just duplicate your brushwork afterwards?

Or define a pattern and use that.

I think I know what you want to do. If I'm correct it's pretty easy to achieve, but you will have to spend a bit of time vectoring the logo then creating a scatter brush in illustrator. The link below is a quick simple tutorial from adobe, but there are plenty of tuts out there if you search "illustrator scatter brushes."
Adobe - Illustrator Tutorial : Creating scatter brushes in Illustrator

Hope this helps, sorry if it's useless!

Illustrator brushes can only be made with vector artwork. Unfortunately, my artwork is not vector and therefore neither symbols nor scatter brushes will work. It's also not feasible to vectorise the artwork because it's too complex.

Any other ideas?

Back