Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo & website homepage design

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by josdsn, Dec 15, 2012.

1. josdsn

josdsn New Member

Hi,

I'm trying to design a logo for a self directed project, an artist management company called 'O'Sullivan Music', something that represents strength power and reliability.

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o675/johnodesign/OSM_Perspective5-01_zps9d65fcb4.png

The logo is the cube including shadow and the image I've uploaded is an idea for a possible homepage for the website when finished.

Any feedback and suggestions for changes or improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Arthur

Arthur New Member

Hi,

The concept of the design is cool. I like the idea of using the cube although I think you could look into working on the gradient of the grey or potentially use half tone dots to create a more interesting 'fade'. have you thought about using another colour rather than just black white and grey? A highlight colour could help boost the look of the design maybe?

I would be happy to help you with a design at no cost other than the rights to use the image in my portfolio.

Please drop me a PM if your interested with a bit more info on the project

Cheers Arthur

3. josdsn

josdsn New Member

Hi Arthur,

I purposely designed in b&w to try to achieve something simplistic and distinctive before adding colour but I'd be really interested to see what you can add to it, will pm you.

I felt the need to add a musical element to it as its a music management company so I've added some alternating fading dots in place of the shadow to represent audio level meters and/or waveforms, see attached image or link below, which ever works... further feedback would be greatly appreciated!

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o675/johnodesign/Logo Design/OSM_Logo-02_zpsae2b35c7.png

Attached Files:

4. Fruitbat

Fruitbat Member

Id use a more solid square typeface. I don't like the way helvetica sits within the spaces.
    100% id try a different type choice and go from there. Id also just make the type black and create the cube from the type & ditch the solid cube.

5. josdsn

josdsn New Member

I see what you mean, something about the cube and typeface wasn't really sitting right with me either, thanks for the advice, will try it out