Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo required for website banner

Discussion in 'Tenders & Services Required Forum:' started by 1.zer0, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1.zer0

1.zer0 New Member

I am looking for someone who can create a logo for my new website.
    The new website is being designed and can be found here:
    www(DOT)digitek-systems.co.uk/MCG

I can email the existing logo (the word stream) to be edited if required.

I want it to have something similar but updated to our old logo on our old site which is here:

www(DOT)mcgdesignbuild.co.uk

Many Thanks,

2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

What is your budget?

3. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

Hi 1.zero. A few things:

The logo you have on the digitek site isn't really a logo. It's a graphic. i.e. glows and gradients and reflections. That's all just a treatment of a logo. If you're after a treatment of a logo, that's different than the development of a logo.

Secondly, if all you're after is a logotype with the above treatments (i.e. just a word, no symbol to go with it), that's an easier job than to design a logo.

Either way, I get the feeling you're probably looking for something cheap, quick, but still looks visually appealing. If you want something a bit more refined, then obviously the price goes up.

As Harry mentioned, it'd be handy to know what sort of budget you've got. You won't get much for £50 but you will for £500 or £5,000. My own prices are around the £300-£400 mark for a well thought out logo or I can do you a £50 job if you're just after a treatment and not a logo as described. Please let us know your budget. There's a world of difference.

Thanks 1.zero. (A name would also be useful please :))

4. 1.zer0

1.zer0 New Member

thanks for the replies,

if you are referring to the 'stream' text at the top of the page that is just a standard .jpg that comes with the free website theme.

the logo I want is on the existing www.mcgdesignbuild.co.uk website - the MCG house shaped logo.

all i want is this logo updating to match the style, theme and colour of the new modern website (www.digitek-systems.co.uk/mcg)

i have been quoted £85 +VAT from someone else for 8 concept designs, other than that i have no idea on prices?

many thanks,
    David ;)

5. Craig.5br

Craig.5br Member

8 concepts for £85 plus vat? I don't think many people will do that round here...

I myself same as Anagoge charge in the range of £300-£400 with 4 concepts.

Good luck.

6. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

Hi David

You mention that the Stream text is just part of the site's theme but you also say that you want a new logo to match it. Seems a bit odd to design a logo based on a default template, but I can certainly do that for you if you'd like.

A better idea would be to develop a logo, then develop your site around it. Just a thought.

£85 for 8 concepts is unrealistic. As Craig mentions, you won't find many people on Design Forums (or indeed anywhere else reputable) that will do it that cheap and, more important, to a high standard. £85 for 8 concepts might sound great, but they'll probably be crap concepts, which is why the price is £85 and not the £300-£400 myself or Craig might charge for fewer concepts, but better ideas.

If all you want is the MCG logo to look more a bit bluer and a bit shinier to match the new site's template, then this would cost a lot less than £300. I'm happy to do this for the £85 that you've been quoted elsewhere or less if you already have the original MCG Illustrator file to work with.

You can find examples of my identity work here: Identity | The Work of Neil Martin In most cases, my clients have also asked for the identity to then work with a range of stationery or website design, as I said above. A good example being Spira Creative: Spira Creative | The Work of Neil Martin

How's that for free advice!

Do get in touch if you'd like to work together. Drop me an email: neil AT theworkof.co.uk and we can sort a budget out together.

7. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

£85.00 holy hell where @? Thats mad! People dont realise the work that goes into designing a good logo. It's not just an idea in the head and put it together theres a lot of logic behind it. £85.00 wont give you anything well thought and designed.

8. 1.zer0

1.zer0 New Member

Hi all,

Just an update on the progress of my logo, the guy who quoted me £85 for 8 concepts, Steven has been absolutely brilliant. The designs we received were very high quality and the range of styles was huge. Once we picked a general idea the logo was fine tuned until it was perfect. Great communication all the way through and in the end we got exactly what we wanted for a great price.

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi 1.zer0,

As the designer you used is not a member on Design Forums I have removed the link you included and as your project has now been completed I will close this thread.

Thanks,
    Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.