Logo Puzzle - Help!

Mo Ali

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum *waves*

I'm currently trying to design a logo which is essentially following a bit of a structure. The trouble is, it's hard for me to get my head around the way to use the structure to make it work.

I've attached a picture of a quick sketch I did. Essentially, the rules are:
• Keep lines parallel to the 4 directions shown
• Keep it within the pyramid structure
• Try to have the lines from letters in the middle row extend to the row below (e.g. Left of A goes to left of A below; Right of A goes to Left of E below; etc)
• Angles can be changed if needed (and will need to be to make this work)
• The outline of AZ (below left) should mirror that of M (below right), as a sort of symmetry

In terms of font, I was hoping to use a bit of inspiration from the Apollo logo for Lynxs deodorant:
Lynx-logo.jpg

Help Needed:
So I'm basically struggling to make this work based on my rules, or at least look good. In particular, I'm finding the Es at the bottom end up looking odd due to the angles.

There are 2 ways I would love some help (please).
1) What would be a good tool to use to solve this and draw it well
2) Does anyone want to have a crack at getting the angling sorted?

I know it's a bit of a challenge, but I'm hoping someone is up to it!

Cheers,
Ali

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 7
I'd look at breaking the E's so they're not solid, like I've tried to illustrate below. My gut tells me you may struggle with this since your letterforms don't flow together too naturally. I've hit this wall myself a number of times in the past – you want an option to work, but it just won't due to the nature of the text.

aleem.jpg

Back