Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo project in progress

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Greg, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi guys,

I've been working on a new logo and branding for a translation company over the last few days, and would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the ideas I have so far. The client has asked me to avoid obvious interpretations of translation like speech bubbles or flags, and focus on a professional brand with the theme based on the company name.

Here's what I have so far;
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Greg

2. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Wow..excellent logos! I like #1 and #4 the best. I love the idea of the frog sitting on the logo and I love the font that you used in 1 mixed with the wooden tree looking "T". I really like the footprint idea as well in the "o" of #1. The only thing I dislike about #4 is the balance of it. I think having the frog, the big T and the "translation" text all left aligned makes it a bit unbalanced. Maybe have the translation text right aligned? Although the "g" is in the way so I don't know how you'd work around that. #1 is probably my favorite. But with a bit of work on #4 that could be a winner as well.

The other 2 are nice as well but I'm not too keen on the fonts and I think #1 and #4 are much more interesting and play with the name better.

Great work Greg!

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Thanks for the feedback Aarlev, hoping the client feels the same way!
    Yes my favourite personally is #1 and think the typeface fits really well with the name, took me long enough to track one down that suited. I see what you're saying about #4 perhaps a few too many things going on for one logo, will have a go at simplifying that one by taking an element out and giving it some room to 'breathe'.

Thanks again and will keep you posted on developments :)
    Cheers, Greg