Logo impression and advice

OllyVLCTY

Good afternoon everyone! I'm mainly fetching for second opinions and advice here! I am starting somewhat of a hobby website and have a logo designed which is in use, I am wondering what people think! (Also feel free to look on the website) It is a car kind of brand / social thing is my kind of hope even if its just me pratting about on there but I'd like to undertake this as a learning opportunity! Ill attach the logo here I have it in black and white, think I prefer the black but works better on the site in white!

Any advice and opinions are much appreciated!!

vlcty .jpeg

I cant find the white version, but white background / no background with black where the white is can see it on the website

Thanks!

Olly

Honestly, there's too many things wrong with it to even start.

If you really need a logo, find a designer. If not, choose a nice legible font and just put the name.

Thank you for your view! I kinda agree that’s why I came on here my friend did it and I don’t know I think it’s ok but it doesn’t really kind of click right that’s why I thought I’d see what people say haha don’t need a logo as such but could be nice I seem to just find fonts which don’t really look special to me in any way

It's just trying far too hard to be something clever, but most importantly, it's not legible. The name doesn't exactly trip off the tongue either!

Take the Top Gear logo, for instance - in it's simplest form, it's just a cog/wheel with a nice font. That's all you need.

Back