Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Idea

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Ben_WC, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Ben_WC

Ben_WC Junior Member

Hello everyone. :)

I'm looking for advice on the logo that I've designed - because I don't like it!

[​IMG]

I took my surname “Lambe” and used it for the basis of my self-identity. Using this idea I spray painted my name onto lamb wool. I used a humanist sans-serif typeface and rounded the edges of my stationary to create a warm friendly impression.

I've only got a few requirements. I want my logo to be in a "clean vector format" - so ideally a completely new idea, and to keep the theme of "lamb".

After spending so long on this project, I would like a fresh perspective from you! Do you have any suggestions or new ideas? :)

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

you can't really call it a logo in my view... it's basically a font on some wool type fabric...

It's not really new and it reminds me of the sort of thing that a 'eco' group would do to highlight the plight of the lambs that some people eat

3. robbydesigns

robbydesigns New Member

I did a business card template a bit like that for GraphicRiver!
    Anyway, it depends on your profession but personally I'd be sorely tempted to play on your surname with a Rolf Harris style cartoon Lamb or if you want to stick with the font style then why not use the wool as the inside of your lettering (make a mask of your name and drop the wool background in, scale it down and you're good).

4. robbydesigns

robbydesigns New Member

Guys it's not for me to argue with you but Ben_WC did say "the basis of my self-identity" so who said it's a logo? I think what he's getting at is that this is his favourite idea and is wondering how to develop into a logo...if that's not what he meant then ignore both my posts... gnnn..

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Well the op hasn't been on since august 12th (although he does appear to be a VERY slow poster) so I doubt we'll find out either way. I do have a feeling it was more a case of I don't like it and I can't come up with anything else so came to a forum so they'd do the work for me, something we can't really do when it's your own personal identity :)

6. mcskillz

mcskillz Member

... Hehe

7. robbydesigns

robbydesigns New Member

@mcskillz ....oh yeah ;-)

mcskillz likes this.