Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Idea WIP

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by kurtiscaston, Nov 9, 2010.

1. kurtiscaston

kurtiscaston Member

Hey guys, just did a quick design/sketch of an idea I had for a logo, the company being named Kreative Clockwerk.

I'm going for a simple/minimilistic/modern design, so let me know your thoughts =)

logo_preview | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2. Craig.5br

Craig.5br Member

My first thoughts are it looks more like a sailors wheel rather than a clock? maybe incorporate the name some how to...

also is this a formed company under the name of Kreative Clockwerk? because if I was looking it just looks like spelling a mistake which would put me off even looking.... unless there was a decent reason why its spelt like that.

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I thought it said CK

4. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Yes me too

5. Ian @ B Design

Ian @ B Design Junior Member

And I did too.

6. Ian @ B Design

Ian @ B Design Junior Member

It's also a little hard to give a judgement if we don't know what they are.

7. kurtiscaston

kurtiscaston Member

The reason Kreative Clockwerk is spelt that way is that it follows my own initials. I also realized it may be more recognizable as CK, which started me thinking of switching the spelling to Creative Klockwerk. I was interested in using this spelling simply to work my initials in, as it would be the name of my own personal design "studio" Thanks for the crits guys, I'll see how I can work more of a "clock" feel to it?

8. Levi

do you see other companies reversing their initials JUST because it matches the owners name.

Berry once put some very wise words on here - keep it simple stupid.

If you clients can't work out what it is then you've failed the first task of branding your company.

9. kurtiscaston

kurtiscaston Member

I wasn't reversing my initals, my initials are KC. Kreative Clockwerk = KC. By recognizable I meant thats how people are interpreting it as now. Thank you for comments :)

10. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

For all I care your initials are KC, as well as CK. But I did read it as CK.
    Agreed that it could look more like a clock rather than a sailor's wheel.

11. Thomzo

Thomzo Member

The 'spokes' are in the wrong place for a clock. It would be more clock-like if they were in the right places for the hours. Also, if the hands of the K were more like a big hand and a little hand they would help it look more like a clock. Would playing around with the colour help to make the K more prominent? Perhaps keep the K black but make the C a lighter colour. Then you'd see the K first and read it as KC. I like the simplicity though but whatever is wrong with Kreative Clockwork?

Zoe

12. kurtiscaston

kurtiscaston Member

Hi guys, took all of your crits into consideration and did a little tweaking with color and placement of the spokes.
    Is this a step into the right direction? http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9539/kreativeclockwerklogo2p.jpg I'm still working on the exact angles of spokes, fixing up the top of the C and the length of the K strokes.

Does this give off more of a clock feel?

13. Levi

No, it's fundamentally no different than the last one. All you've really done is altered line weights and taken off the arrow heads. It still has ALL the problems from the last one.

14. The first design concept had far greater appeal. However as some of the guys have pointed out, it does look lie a sailors wheel, the K part is really good, however its the shape of the pointers around the clock part that don't fit, try adapting the points around the clock face. Look forward to seeing the finished logo.

15. Magma

Magma Member

It was a definite CK for me

16. PrintingUK

PrintingUK Junior Member

Tis nice Kurt, clean and sharpe - reminds me of Kraftwerk for some reason :up:

17. philjohns

philjohns Senior Member

Definately read it as CK too.

It may just be because Ive read another thread with reference to Pacman - but I definately saw pacman somewhere in your logo too...

What happens when you shrink the logo down to say a quarter of that size? Logos need to be scalable and Ive got a feeling that all detail and important parts in your concept are going to be lost when this happens...

18. byronc

byronc Member

It seemed to simple and i did not get the CK at all - i just opened the image without really reading your name etc,
    Personally I dont like the heavy black lines feel very industrial