Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Help Brickstation

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by kberry21, Oct 12, 2017.

1. kberry21

kberry21 New Member

I have a client who needs a logo for a new lego renting company. Its a subscription service that you pay monthly to receive lego sets to build, once your child has finished playing they send it back and will be sent a new set.

Im having a mind block on logo design. Please see some examples which haven't been approved.

Attached Files:

2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Lego, and forgive me if I insult any adults who play with Lego, is a child's toy.

There's nothing playful about any of the logos presented - they all seem to say something like "Brick Station" where you get the train... or a more adult themed set of toys.

I guess it needs to be more playful.

3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Maybe a hint of movement to connect it to the idea of it arriving to your door?

4. Wardy

Wardy Well-Known Member

A very simplified lego train cartoon.

5. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

LOL! Is that a pun? :D

The two things that seem to stand out is the fact it's lego and the delivery to your door aspect.
    I like the isometric route as it lends itself very well to Lego.

Why not make an iso Lego van?
    BTW. Just be careful of not stepping on Lego's toes regarding branding as I know they're very funny about that.

6. Jri

Jri Member

I forgive you.

Building block delivery seems like a rich source of visual inspiration to me. I would also second the isometric building block idea. In my room I've g... I mean... When I was a kid, I seem to remember that I had a lego guy that had a sack barrow and a helmet - pretty basic 'delivery' metaphor, but it could be a starting point for you and could convey motion nicely.

7. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

@Jri

You bloody big kid! ;) Takes one to know one.

You have to be careful using the lego people as they are HEAVILY trademarked.
    Not so much bricks as other companies make compatible versions.
    I once did an iso lego character taking a dump and I had trouble with that. :(

8. Jri

Jri Member

Scatological references often breach brand guidelines in my experience. Good catch on the figurines though, could a company like that perhaps license Lego's branding?

9. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I guess so but I'd imagine it wouldn't be easy.
    Especially as the company is 'renting' them out.

Companies like that are really funny about how their branding is used (or miss-used ;) ).

BTW. Everyone poo's. ;)

10. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

LOL! I just found it!

I mean. What's Scatological about that?
    Facetious then maybe. ;)

Attached Files:

Jri and @GCarlD like this.
  11. kberry21

kberry21 New Member

Thanks guys, he seems to be big on some station sign. Im going to work some more playful designs see if we can step away from the underground sign.