Logo for Weather App

Forcritique

This is a logo for a weather app (personal project) called weather nest. I came to two different choices for now. The aim for this was a friendly tech vibe. The target audience is any adult. I have just black and white logos for now until I decide on color. I'm bit stuck at the moment if there's more or if the logo needs to be scrapped. Hopefully it isn't too horrible it's been a while since I've designed so my eye is a little gone. But, any advice or crit is helpful.

Attachments

• Weather nest logos-18.jpg
    Weather nest logos-18.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Weather nest logos-22.jpg
    Weather nest logos-22.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 9
I think the bird looks a bit odd. Normally I like simple but the bird is a bit too simple for me. I think we need to see the tail at least, or even in full
in front of the cloud/nest? Get the sketchbook out and play around with it a bit more, birds can be tricky to get right.

Not keen on the font, personally. Maybe try something a bit less standard and more modern/friendly?

Whenever I see cloud icons they're not usually symmetrical.... that really doesn't work for me.

Having said that the idea is ok, imo, but it's in need of a lot of refinement to make it work.

Your choice of font for the text isn't something I'm keen on either.

Back