Logo for bar - Terminus

Terminus-bar | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have decided to take a step back from the eurostar logo for the moment and create something linked to the theme of trains and ending, but instead in the form of a bar logo.

The symbol is supposed to show three tracks coming to an end. The bar is situated near this "terminus" hence the name.

So far I am debating whether the serif title works better, then again this might be because I have had a futura phase ans trying to get over it.

Also I am wondering if the strapline is needed, as I think its to big in the first and detracts from the rest.

It's a bit, um... stark. 'The end of the line' and a swastika type device don't make it look like a place I want to go and have a drink.

If you lost the 'End of the Line Inn' tagline, I can almost imagine this as one of those pretentious wine bars bars that people make yuppie jokes about :-D

=/....I just because its a symbol with arms does not mean it should be a swastika.....heh did not expect godwins law evoked her tbh.

As for pretentious wine bar =) that was the look I was kinda going for.

Just the name 'TERMINUS' makes me think of a yuppie bar :)

(I actually thought of the Isle of Man emblem, rather than a swastika)

Swastika here too. Although I think Terminus is a smashing name for a poncey wine bar but would definitely lose the end of the line bit! Maybe something similar though.

I like it, it reminds me of a kind of art deco style design used in a bar in Liverpool called the Kazimier (a bar I have a lot of love for so perhaps by my sub conscious bias towards that, I have extra love for your logo hehe!), but yeah, that's what I see in it, not so sure of the swastika everyone else had seen in it, I doubt I would have thought that if I hadn't have read the other posts first.

Back