Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo for an off licence. Thoughts welcome.

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Doubling Cube, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Doubling Cube

Doubling Cube New Member

Good afternoon, everyone.

Please find below a design for a local off licence. The business is sited almost on the beach of a popular seaside resort and its existing decor is themed accordingly, hence my colour selections. The cheerful fellow in the centre is Corky, a mascot created for the shop to offer Corky's Deals of the Week and such like within the store.

In order to render the image suitable for posting on a forum, it is submitted here via a third-party compression website (tinypic). This can occasionally cause the colours to appear somewhat radioactive, alas, so please give me a little leeway in this respect with your critique.

All feedback gratefully received.

Many thanks,
    DC.

[​IMG]

2. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I think I'm seeing it as a negative (white on black).

3. Doubling Cube

Doubling Cube New Member

Hello, Scotty.

Do you mean that's how you would like to see it, sir? Or have I buggered the upload somehow and that's how you're actually seeing it? It wouldn't be the first time!

Kind regards,
    DC.

4. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Could you change the blue pupils to white. Not sure how I feel about Corky holding a glass of red wine, he doesn't look the type. UNLESS, what he is holding will change with each deal of the week, depending on what's on offer; so in this case red wine?

5. @GCarlD

Is this closer to the actual colours?

Corky.png

6. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

This is what I saw.

Attached Files:

7. Doubling Cube

Doubling Cube New Member

Hello, Carl.

Yes, of course, sir. I'll change the pupil colour and post it up again.

Corky not looking the type to be a wine connoisseur made me chuckle, more of a lager type do you think? I hadn't considered changing his tipple to suit the deal in question, great idea and much appreciated.

Best wishes,
    DC.

8. Doubling Cube

Doubling Cube New Member

Indeed it is Carl! Many thanks indeed, sir.

9. Doubling Cube

Doubling Cube New Member

Sincere apologies, Scotty.

I'm not sure what has happened there, sir. Hopefully Carl's kind assistance in his repost of the image has solved the problem.

10. Doubling Cube

Doubling Cube New Member

Here we go, CLHB, a second version with white pupils as requested.

What do you think, sir?

[​IMG]

11. @GCarlD

Much better, he no longer has glaucoma; must of been the red wine... :p

12. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

It looks good, but I feel the grey dominates a bit. Does it have to have the grey outer border?

13. Doubling Cube

Doubling Cube New Member

Good afternoon, Wardy.

No, the border doesn't have to be grey. I pretty much have a free reign on the design, my only brief is to include the business name and create a mascot. I did experiment with many different colours for the background, grey was purely a personal choice as to which one was the most aesthetically pleasing.

It's all subjective, of course. What would be your preference, sir? Many thanks indeed for your comments, very much appreciated.

Best wishes,
    DC.

14. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

No, I just meant remove the outer bit and make the grey a bit lighter?

logo.jpg

15. Doubling Cube

Doubling Cube New Member

Ah, I see what you mean, Wardy.

Hmmm, you've given me something to think about there, sir. I'll dwell on your suggestion for a while, maybe sit it alongside my original for comparison, and consider which one grows on me.

Many thanks once again for your time and trouble, it's sincerely appreciated.

16. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Can I just say this... the design seems very 'childish' for an off license and the first design looks more like a roller skate wheel than a design for a company that sell alcohol.