Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Feedback Please.

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by trudy.collins, Apr 29, 2012.

1. trudy.collins

trudy.collins New Member

Hello!

As I don't start my Graphic Design course till June I thought I would sort out my branding, get my website set up and start offering free services to friends and family to start my portfolio off. This week I have been working on a logo for an old pal who is setting up his own record label. I have submitted it to the client and he is over the moon with it, but I am still learning and before submitting it I didn't get any feedback from tutors or anyone in the design business - so I thought I would come here for some professional critique, to see if there is anything I could/should have done differently which I can learn from and keep in mind when working on future projects.

Record Label Logo Design. : Trudy Collins Creative - Click here to see the Record Label Logo, and here you can see my branding as well - Feedback on both would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Trudy Collins

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Hi Trudy,

I really like this and I get it straight away, but the logo mark isn't very unique on it's own. In fact it reminds me of the Stumbleupon logo a little bit. I'm wondering if you could tie the type into the design somehow, maybe the way the t and r join together could be the wave in the shape?

3. daytona

daytona Member

I agree with Paul, the logotype says pesi to me, I'd stay with the concept but just tweak it to gain a bit of a 'voice'

4. This logo seems familiar, but can't find where i have seen it before?

5. trudy.collins

trudy.collins New Member

Thankyou for your feedback everyone! (also apologies for the delayed reply... :icon_blushing:)

Paul: The fact that you like it and get it straight away I take as a massive compliment, so thankyou very much! I kind of see what you mean about the stumbleupon logo (believe it or not I had never come across this site/logo before.. I must have been missing out, I've just signed up in fact!) I did try including the text within the icon but felt it looked too busy, but I didn't try creating the wave out of the 't' and 's' - great idea! If I get time I'll try and give this a go, but as I have a few projects I need to be moving on to, and as the client is more than happy with it as it is (plus i'm not making any money from this..) I may have to use this advice for future projects - but it's great to know what I could/should have done differently, always useful to learn from! :thumb:

Tom: Nooo! My earlier designs had a series of 3 waves going across, I scrapped this as I firstly felt it needed simplifying.. and secondly i felt it resembled the Pepsi logo too much. So the fact that my updated design still says Pepsi is rather annoying... nothing I can really do about it now (well there is I just don't have the time!) thank you for your feedback! I will try to figure out how to add 'voice' to my future projects :thumb:

Clarke Creative: thank you for your input, when you figure out where you may or may not have seen the logo before, please keep it to yourself.. I'd rather not know, :icon_biggrin:

6. Trudy, this is great; I can certainly see where the others are coming from but it is still an elegant concept, delivered well.

I can't wait to bug you for advice when we start the course!

Dan

7. gprovan

gprovan Member

Like it. However, the line might look better being heavier and also with varying thickness.