logo feedback please

Hi Ben,

I think you need to keep it simple, try to communicate your idea as simply as possible.

Remember less is more and I'd drop all the effects as they are just clouding the ideas.
Try and find a design hero, someones work you really admire.

I designer/design company I admire is the johnson banks website

Keep at it, practice makes perfect as they say!

thanks Gareth. I know I have to find someone. All through out the time I have spend with art and design I have had someone to admire, using their style in my own work, for example I started off with Monet in my painting but have gradually tuned it into my own unique style. I haven't really ever though of looking at the styles of others until I came on here and received advice similar to what you have given, I will now make it my quest to find my graphic design hero!

p.s. i love the work on the link you gave :)

No worries Ben, at college (and I'm talking 11-12 years ago) we were always told to get a hero. I naively always saw this as copying of a fashion and never really got to grips with this side of things.

I now understand the importance of looking at what everyone else is doing and following those at the top of their game (Johnson Banks etc) NOT to copy but to guide and inspire.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks Gareth, great piece of advice, well hopefully my work may pay off this week getting an interview at a local design agency :) fingers crossed!

Back