Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Feedback Home Furnishing Business

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Graphic Detail, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Graphic Detail

Graphic Detail New Member

Currently designing a logo for a friend of mine who is starting a home furnishings business.
    The two names are her grandfathers who sadly passed away fairly recently.

She wanted something fairly simple, and classy/professional looking.
    Your feedback is appreciated and which option do you prefer.

Albert & Aubrey idea 2.jpg
  2. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

I prefer the composition of the first one.
  3. stevenscottdesign

stevenscottdesign New Member

The second one looks a little too much like the V&A logo to me..
  4. FurnitureGuy

FurnitureGuy Member

I also like the first one (on the left). The second one is a little more difficult to read at a glance.
  5. MJ96

MJ96 Member

To be honest I'm not sure i like the ampersand sitting in the first A initial. It works for the second but looks awkward and a little messy in the first. Personally I like just the text on its own from the second design with maybe some emphasis put on the ampersand, keeping it clean and simple.

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I think you've probably got something nice if you removed the & from the conjoining A's and put it somewhere else. I'm sure it'd be quite easy to create a nice mark with the 2 connecting A's on their own. With the &, it does look very similar to the V&A logo.
  7. Mister

Mister New Member

I like the ampersand joining the 2 A's. It creates a nice stand alone distinctive marque.

I can see the comparison to the V&A logo but it is in no way a direct copy, not even the same font and the balance and position of characters is totally different. Comparison verges on saying any logo that now features a serif font and an ampersand is the same as the V&A logo.

My tuppence worth on the design would be that i would try to make it a bit more unique. I would probably introduce gaps to the thin areas of the ampersand to make it more of a suggestion that the eye fills in. I'm also having a little issue with continual diagonal line created by the right hand side of the A's contrasting to the much more open left side. It feels a bit like it cuts it off from the rest of the name. Perhaps staggering the position of the A's or again customising the letters in some way. Just a thought.