Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo design feedback wanted

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Rebecca Whitehurst, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Rebecca Whitehurst

Rebecca Whitehurst New Member

Hi all

I am a graphic designer, just starting out doing freelance work - I recently designed a logo for a friend's company and would like some feedback from other designers/professional.

VERNONFINAL.jpg

It is a small courier and haulage business call V Express Couriers & Haulages Services Ltd.
    I would much appreciate and feedback/critique :)

Thanks

Becky

2. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

It's a nice enough logo, but I don't think it's too clear what the business is called. It's unusual to be known by just one letter, and at first glance (eg. on the side of a van) it might
    look like they are called "Express Couriers". The V isn't distinct enough, like UPS logo, for instance. Or is it just me?

Rebecca Whitehurst likes this.
  3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

The fade effect you've used on the tail of the V looks very dated. It could be the colour choice too though.

It's just a non-offensive logo, it doesn't do anything exciting though.

4. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I agree about the name being a little unclear. Also, I'd be tempted to either shorten 'Limited' to 'Ltd', or remove it completely to improve and reduce the footprint a little.

5. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I kind of see what you mean but, at the same time, it's not a bad decision in this context. The shape of the V itself + the lines to the left make it look a bit like a deconstructed harp though...

6. Rebecca Whitehurst

Yes I kind of agree about the name of it... but its not my job to name the company.. I can only go by the info. my friend has given me, and he registered the business as 'V Express Couriers & Haulage Services Ltd' because his name is Vernon - I dont like it much either... but as I say, I can only design with the name he has given.. :-/

7. Rebecca Whitehurst

Yes Dave.. I do agree it looks like inverted harp with wings... :) I am only just starting out - I do appreciate ur constructive feedback guys - thanks all! To be honest,any design is an improvement on what my friend currently uses:

307596_168769879874807_1952999562_n.jpg

8. Rebecca Whitehurst

...and these are some of my previous ideas:

vdesigns2.jpg

vernlogo1.jpg

vernlogo2.jpg

9. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

The 2nd one (blue one) is a big improvement on the 1st one you posted. more colour, but again though the text is 2 small though. id look at removing the "V" text and just using the logo design for the "V" and defo make it Ltd. from Limited

10. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Do NOT use the green V - a certain bearded self-publicist billionaire is notoriously litigious: I remember reading something a few years back about a jobbing carpenter called Robert Virgin [like he didn't have enough of an issue there] being harassed by hotshot lawyers over the use of his family name in his trading name (which, amusingly, I believe he changed to 'Richard Branson Carpentry Services' or somesuch).

I quite like the black V that doubles as a tick but I'd still spell-out 'V Express' for the avoidance of it being misread.