Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

logo design - Feedback wanted

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by nyanko, Oct 28, 2010.

1. nyanko

nyanko New Member

Hi, Im new here so hello all.
    Im in the middle of redesigning my website and i thought i would take the opportunity to rebrand also. I work for the most part as a freelance artist for games, websites and on occasion some print work. I have been considering changing the name and logo i trade under for a while and was hoping that i could get some honest critique on a possible Name, bitDESIGN, and logo I am considering for the future. Please be a brutally honest as you like.

thanks in advance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I very much like its simplicity; has the look of an established, recognizable brand, if you know what I mean. As a general point, however, although you pull it off quite well ,I am getting a bit tired of the lowercaseUPPERCASE thing.

3. nyanko

nyanko New Member

Thanks for the feedback Dave L. I'll try out a few more variations on the text.

4. nyanko

nyanko New Member

got rid of the lowercase/UPPERCASE text. are either of these better?

Attached Files:

5. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I'd say no. Stick with the lowecaseUPPERCASE thing - as I say, it looks kind of right here.

6. nyanko

nyanko New Member

i agree. the uppercase lettering holds it in place with the logo better.

7. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

It's a nice job and looks great against all three grades of background. I'd be well pleased if I were you.

8. nyanko

nyanko New Member

Thanks a lot Dave L. I appreciate the feedback.

9. linziloop

linziloop Member

Personally I too am getting tired of the lowercaseUPPERCASE thing, and if you were going to do it the other way then the b and the d would need to be uppercase in my opinion anyway ;)

10. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I guess the lowercaseUPPERCASE thing has its origins in web code or similar but is still lazily used as shorthand for modern and unconventional, despite being old-hat and everywhere.