Logo Critique

GilmoreVisuals

I have just finished re-designing my logo, any critiques? Room for improvement?

Thanks

gilmorevisualsnewlogov3.jpg

Not sure how to re-size....

I think it's a very "safe" logo, it doesn't offend me, but then I doubt I'd remember it - I'd agree with Dave L, the o gimmick is familiar - I'll try and find an example, but maybe it's because it's just not that original a shape in the first place. I don't think it's an awful logo, I just think it needs more work to become more memorable, perhaps a bit more thought into whatever 'gimmick' you do use to make it more unique - if you're a visual company then your logo needs to be visually exciting, I would say. I always remember logos that have something a bit clever to them, a double meaning or something like that. Am i helping at all?! Lol!

... but a quick image search does see very similar - practically identical - stuff popping up as a vector on stock image sites so maybe Linziloop's point is a valid one. I guess if you have something familiar or commonplace as the key device in your logo people aren't necessarily going to identify it with you, thereby undermining a lot of what you're setting out to achieve (a particular issue when you're selling what you're selling).

... but a quick image search does see very similar - practically identical - stuff popping up as a vector on stock image sites so maybe Linziloop's point is a valid one. I guess if you have something familiar or commonplace as the key device in your logo people aren't necessarily going to identify it with you, thereby undermining a lot of what you're setting out to achieve (a particular issue when you're selling what you're selling).

It's through occasionally using shutterstock in work that may actually be where ive seen this kind of thing before.

Hmmm. I would argue they are quite different. Mine is far more simple, and the positioning of the logo icon is in a different place too.

Well yes, the circle is in a different place (but probably because they don't have an 'O' in their college name), and yours is more simple but I think Darren was just trying to point out something of similar appearance, not identical - I really don't think they're that different.

It is a very safe 'corporate corporate' logo, for a design/visual company.
The logo also looked very familiar to me too, couldn't quite place it, but I think it's just the general feel of the piece.

I think it is a beautiful logo but there is something very uncanny about it. It would seem a very forgettable logo... as proven by the forum because we've all seen similar logos/styles before but don't know where from!

You just need to think outside the box for it to become something special. (which anything can be)

Like most people have said it's not offensive or awful but personally I don't think it stands out from the crowd kinda thing. That O thing gets used a LOT, not very diiferent from creative art and I saw something similar just the other day = buggered if I can remember what / where though

Back