Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little logo in title tab

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by TomStutt, Dec 6, 2009.

1. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Hey all

How do i get the little logo in the title tab?

Cheers all
  2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

It's called a favicon and you add it by adding the following code inside your <head> tags
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="" type="image/x-icon">
    For help on making a favicon, go to favicon.ico Generator and click import on the left hand side.
  3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

according to harry or jaz, as long as it's stuck in the root of the folder the link in the html isn't needed.

Might also want to think of an iphone icon too :)
  4. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

nice one cheers guys
  5. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Oooh i've always wanted to know how one would get a favicon on a website or update it... haven't got to this advanced point yet... but will be good reference for the future!
  6. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Can anyone see why my favicon isnt working.
  7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

what did you call the file, should be favicon.ico and it should be in the root of your folders (in my case its the same as my index.html). It's also better to use a generator in my experience too

You did upload the file yeah :)
  8. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Hi levi

yes to all
  9. Harry

Harry Senior Member

It'll be cached (or not, as the case may be). Instead of pointing to just favicon.ico link to favicon.ico?1234 (but don't rename the file).

Do this but for a favicon:
  10. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

cleared cache and its all good
  11. ianrarity

ianrarity New Member

Lol, not many people now about it it seems... :) Nice finishing touch for sites...